Hound Dog Tour Extended During Elvis Week 2013
July 22, 2013
Elvis Week partner Backbeat Tours
has added additional dates for the Hound Dog Tour during Elvis Week. As unique as the man himself, the Hound Dog Tour takes a one-of-a-kind approach to sharing Elvis’ legacy in a high-energy concert and sightseeing tour all rolled into one. Hear all of your favorite Elvis hits performed live on Memphis’ only music-bus, while touring the places where Elvis spent his teenage years as well as launched his early career, changing music forever.
Passengers can extend the fun by adding optional visits inside either Lauderdale Courts (Thursday, August 15) or Sun Studio (Wednesday, August 14 and Friday, August 16). Second only to Graceland, Lauderdale Courts is the Memphis home Elvis lived in the longest. Meticulously restored to its 1950s appearance, a visit to Apartment 328 of the Courts is like taking a step back in time, offering an unparalleled glimpse into the lives of Vernon, Gladys and young Elvis.
*Please Note: If you choose to visit either Lauderdale Courts or Sun Studio, the tour will last approximately 2.5 hours.
See exciting Elvis sites such as:
- Sun Studio
- Lauderdale Courts apartment
- Elvis’ high school
- Overton Park Shell, the amphitheater where he performed his first big show in 1954
- Lansky Bros. clothing store
- Memphian Theater
- Chisca Hotel, home of WHBQ radio station
- Sunday, August 11 at 2:30 p.m. - SOLD OUT
- Wednesday, August 14 at 2:30 p.m. - less than 10 seats available
- Thursday, August 15 at 11:30 a.m.
- Friday, August 16 at 2:30 p.m.
- 90-min tour: $28/Adults, $26/Seniors, $16/Child (7-12 yrs)
- 2.5 hr tour w/ Lauderdale Courts or Sun Studio: $47/adults, $45/seniors, $32/child (7-12 yrs)
- 10% discount for Elvis Insiders
Backbeat Tours ticket window at Blues City Café
140 Beale Street
Memphis, TN 38103
The Hound Dog Tour has become an Elvis Week tradition, with many passengers returning year after year. Come celebrate the man behind the legend: whether you’re a long-time fan or a new admirer, we guarantee fun for all! For tickets call Backbeat Tours at 901-527-9415 or visit BackBeatTours.com
. See more Elvis Week partners, a complete schedule of events, featured guests and more by visiting ElvisWeek.com
. Also, make sure to include #ElvisWeek
and share your Hound Dog Tour photos with Elvis fans around the world!